Everything you need to practise and bill appropriately in British Columbia
Are you looking for the easiest and surest way to remain current with the authorities governing conduct, discipline and fees? Turn to the Annotated British Columbia Legal Profession Act
, a unique, regularly updated resource that links the Act, the Law Society Rules and the Code of Professional Conduct to key cases, giving you in-depth insight into the principles and rules governing your profession and practice.
This significant reference includes:
- The full text of the Legal Profession Act with annotations and expert commentary, the Law Society Rules, the Code of Professional Conduct and the Professional Conduct Handbook (replaced by the Code, January 1, 2013)
- Updated summaries of cases that interpret and apply the Act including:
- Mide-Wilson v. Hungerford Tomyn Lawrenson and Nichols (2013 B.C. C.A.)
- Lawson Lundell LLP v. 4-J Holding Co. Ltd. (2013 B.C. S.C.)
- Slater Vecchio LLP v. Cashman (2014 B.C. C.A.)
- Berge Horn v Hewson (2013 B.C. C.A.)
- Three Tables of Concordance
- Linking the current Legal Profession Actwith past versions as well as the Law Society Rules
- Linking the current Law Society Rules to the former Rules
- Linking the Code of Professional Conduct to the Professional Conduct Handbook
- Research guide, including selected bibliography
Topics covered are wide ranging and include professional responsibility, administrative law issues, disbarment proceedings, integrity and advertising.
As part of the eReference Library, this product is also available in digital format through a web browser or can be downloaded to a desktop, laptop, iPad or Android tablet. Learn more.