Employee performance is what drives business. Discover how other employers have designed appraisal forms and used performance management to motivate employees toward their organizations' strategic goals. Performance management processes are at the cornerstone of the employment relationship and the new "employment deal" between the organization and its employees. The highest performing organizations are those that effectively capitalize on the goal-setting, communications and rewards elements of performance management as critical processes for carrying out the business strategy and long-term/short-term business plans. The need for an effective performance management system has never been greater than it is shaping up to be in the next decade, making this manual a must-have tool. This in-depth, practical how-to volume takes the tedium, time and uncertainty out of the process of designing and writing appraisals.
Table of Contents
• Challenges, Objectives & Statements of Purpose • The Process and Structure of Performance Management: Forms, Policies/Procedures and Training • Assessing Employee Performance and Results • Discussing Performance and Setting Plans for Improvement • Using Rewards to Improve Performance • Appendix A Performance Management in Action: Analysis of a Comprehensive Example • Appendix B Building a Performance Management System in a Small High-Tech Firm • Index.
Get FREE eBook access with your looseleaf subscription(s)
This title has become a part of Thomson Reuters ProView™, which means you'll have eBook access to all the content as part of your looseleaf print subscription.
About Thomson Reuters ProView™
Not just any eReader, Thomson Reuters ProView is a free, professional-grade platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever, and wherever you want, with access to your Thomson Reuters eBooks online and offline.
With our ProView eBooks, you can:
- Access your eBook content through your choice of iPad, Android tablet, desktop app (Windows and Mac), or web login*
- Provide eBook access for an unlimited number of users at the same location, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Enjoy automatically integrated product updates, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Access your entire ProView library with one username and password
- Create a PDF that you can save, print, add your notes, and share
- Link out to full-text cases in WestlawNext® Canada or in Taxnet Pro® (available with subscriptions to WestlawNext Canada or Taxnet Pro)
- Register up to four different devices to your ProView account to access your library
- Sync all your notes, highlights and bookmarks, across all devices you registered with your ProView account
- Automatically transfer all of your notes, highlights and bookmarks, to updated editions and contents
For the entire range of titles offered as Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks, or for more information on Thomson Reuters ProView:
*Certain features and functionalities may not be available to ProView users accessing looseleaf eBooks in an IP authentication environment.
iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.