Eddie Greenspan, was one of Canada's leading criminal defence lawyers and founding partner of Greenspan Partners LLP. He acted in some of Canada's highest profile cases as well as being an acclaimed author and lecturer.
John B. Laskin, B.A., LL.B., LL.M., was appointed a Judge of the Federal Court of Appeal in September 2017. Prior to his appointment, John was senior trial and appellate counsel at Torys LLP in Toronto, where he maintained a wide-ranging litigation practice with emphasis on constitutional law and administrative law, competition law and class actions. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a former law professor at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, he has appeared as counsel before the Supreme Court of Canada, as well as trial and appellate courts across Canada, international and domestic commercial arbitrations and before a variety of administrative tribunals.
Edited by two experienced and highly respected counsel with backgrounds in constitutional and criminal law, Canadian Charter of Rights Annotated gives you a clear perspective on the Charter. This resource offers a thorough examination of Charter case law developed over the past twenty-five years. Organized into sections of the Charter, with each section you'll find:
- The provisions of the Charter
- The legislative history of the section
- Comparable provisions of the Canadian Bill of Rights (with applicable case digests), the American Constitution, the International Covenant and the European Convention
- Practical and helpful annotations, organized by topic of decisions interpreting and applying the Charter
Also included in the work are:
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes
- Complete text of the Charter in both English and French
- American Bill of Rights
- Selected provisions of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
Thomson Reuters ProView™ The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet. Visit carswell.com/proview to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView ebooks