Written by a lawyer with over 20 years of experience in the industry, this practical reference pulls together the legal and business issues of film and television development, production, finance, and distribution, in a single source.
This resource takes you behind the scenes and offers a wealth of information including:
- Easy to follow checklists outlining the business and legal issues relating to development, production, distribution and licensing
- A critical analysis of relevant case law
- A comparative analysis of Canadian and U.S. practice and law
- An explanation of copyright, trademarks, confidential information, defamation, privacy, publicity and personality rights and Criminal Code offences
- Common entertainment agreement clauses, issues and precedent forms
- A look at production financing, tax credits, loans completion guarantees, insurance aspects and other financing considerations
- Music issues such as licensing, ownership, rights and royalties, plus sample licences and a composer agreement
and much, much more!
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is a professional grade platform that allows you to access your eBook(s) across a variety of browsers and devices.
Learn more at carswell.com/proview