Comprehensive, up-to-the-minute access information and privacy legislations, this looseleaf is an indispensable reference source. It provides the reader with all the tools necessary to understand, interpret and apply the provisions of the federal access to information and privacy legislation. In addition to substantive law and expert analysis, this comprehensive reference is updated regularly throughout the year, and includes under a single cover an encyclopedic treatment of the legislative history, court decisions as well as dicta, and the myriad administrative publications published by the federal government, namely:
Get FREE eBook access with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Three historical chapters respecting historical governmental discussion papers, and parliamentary debate concerning the creation of the Access to Information Act and its subsequent operation in practice
- Fully annotated Access to Information Act and its Regulations, Privacy Act and its Regulations and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- Bilingual (English/French) Business Guide for protecting "Confidential" commercial or trade information from disclosure under the access legislation
- Citizen's Guide on how to make effective use of the access legislation. Contains precedents and actual examples of successful applications. Reveals tried and proven techniques used by experienced users of this statute.
- Guide for the litigant, which includes guidelines for those who wish to apply to the Federal Court
- New sections on identity theft, internet security and privacy concerns with social networks
- Tables of Concordance.
This title has become a part of Thomson Reuters ProView™, which means you'll have eBook access to all the content as part of your looseleaf print subscription.
About Thomson Reuters ProView™
Not just any eReader, Thomson Reuters ProView is a free, professional-grade platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever, and wherever you want, with access to your Thomson Reuters eBooks online and offline.
With our ProView eBooks, you can:
- Access your eBook content through your choice of iPad, Android tablet, desktop app (Windows and Mac), or web login*
- Provide eBook access for an unlimited number of users at the same location, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Enjoy automatically integrated product updates, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Access your entire ProView library with one username and password
- Create a PDF that you can save, print, add your notes, and share
- Link out to full-text cases in WestlawNext® Canada or in Taxnet Pro® (available with subscriptions to WestlawNext Canada or Taxnet Pro)
- Register up to four different devices to your ProView account to access your library
- Sync all your notes, highlights and bookmarks, across all devices you registered with your ProView account
- Automatically transfer all of your notes, highlights and bookmarks, to updated editions and contents
For the entire range of titles offered as Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks, or for more information on Thomson Reuters ProView:
*Certain features and functionalities may not be available to ProView users accessing looseleaf eBooks in an IP authentication environment.
iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.