The single-most important Canadian resource on understanding federal human rights and employment equity requirements, allowing you to demonstrate due diligence effectively.
A must-have for every federally-regulated employer.
Up-to-date and clearly written, this all-in-one “reference library” provides you with:
- Authoritative information and commentary for every requirement under federal legislation
- Current case law to support, explain and define each topic
- Practical advice on defences and remedies
- An outline of the interaction of the Employment Equity Act with human rights, pay equity and workers’ compensation legislation
Also provides practical guidance on how to implement a workplace employment equity plan specifically designed to help your clients comply with federal standards. And, special updates ensure you're always on top of new developments, legislation and case law. The Federal Equity Manual
gives you a definitive guide to due diligence in a single volume.
Table of Contents
• 1 Human Rights • 2 Pay Equity • 3 Employment Equity Steps • 4 The Framework of Employment Equity • 5 Federal Employment Equity Initiatives • 6 Provincial Employment Equity Initiatives • 7 Employment Equity’s Interaction with Other Laws • 8 Working with Employees and Unions: Communication, Consultation and Collaboration • 9 Internal Data Collection • 10 External Data and Profiles of Designated Groups • 11 The Employment Systems Review • 12 Analyzing Data and Reviewing Employment Systems • 13 Taking Action: The Employment Equity Plan and Positive Measures • 14 Maintaining and Monitoring the Employment Equity Program • 15 Compliance Review and Enforcement • 16 Federal Legislation and Programs • 17 Ontario Legislation and Programs • Quebec Legislation and rams.
Thomson Reuters ProView™
The eBook version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your desktop or laptop (Windows and Mac), iPad, or Android tablet.
to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView.