This resource provides a thorough understanding of the laws and policy directives governing the gaming industry. It's the only publication bringing together the plethora of regulatory requirements and explains the rationale behind them.
This resource reviews and interprets legislation and regulations relevant to gaming in Ontario and covers the legal framework governing gaming premises, including:
- Alcohol and Gaming Regulation and Public Protection Act, 1996 (Ontario)
- The Gaming Control Act, 1992 (and Ontario regulations)
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 (and regulations)
- Racing Commission Act, 2000 (Chapter 19 on Para Mutuel Wagering by Jean Major, CEO, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario)
- Relevant sections of the Criminal Code
- Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (Canada) (and regulations)
- Liquor Licence Act (and regulations) affecting gaming premises
Flow charts are also included to guide you through approval processes and regulatory requirements.