Widely regarded as the "bible" on the subject, this highly accessible work explains how the Civil Procedure Rules work in practice. It provides a step by-step guide through all stages of a civil action from funding through to trial, costs, enforcement and appeals.
It has been specifically designed to accompany the reader through the litigation process applicable to most cases in the High Court and County Court, and through appeals to higher tiers. It is cross-referenced to Sweet & Maxwell's The White Book.
- An all-encompassing reference tool
- Covers all stages of litigation in chronological sequence, from pre-action to enforcement and appeals
- Highly practical – takes the reader through the various processes step by step, with liberal use of examples
- Gives tactical and strategic advice, and recommends systems that can be put in place to help cases run more smoothly
- Provides reference to court forms and relevant rules
- Covers all types of civil litigation at Queen's Bench and County Court levels
- Fully up to date with the latest changes relating to the ongoing reform and consolidation of the civil litigation process