Practical Law Canada
is an online subscription service that provides Canadian in-house counsel with practical content written in plain language. It provides legal know-how that helps lawyers to work faster and to provide advice with confidence. Practical Law Canada has an expert team of lawyer-editors, with significant experience from leading Canadian law firms and law departments that create and maintain up-to-date, practical resources and unique information that complements primary law and research to help counsel respond to their business partners' needs with greater efficiency and provide greater value. With Practical Law Canada - Law Department
, corporate counsels get access to hundreds of know-how resources across a broad array of practice areas.
Tangible benefits of Practical Law Canada – Law Department
- Enhanced productivity – extensive guides and tools created and maintained by our lawyer-editor enable you to address your business partners' issues faster
- Greater efficiency – enhances your expertise, helping you provide strategic counsel as well as quality work product that conforms to your organization's expectations and budgets
- Improved response time – helps you quickly create superior first drafts and respond to queries in minutes
Subscriptions to Practical Law Canada – Law Departments consist of the following:
Practical Law Canada's
- Core Collection: an annual subscription to a core collection of the following practice areas: Capital Markets & Securities, Commercial, Competition, Corporate and M&A, Employment and Finance
- Add-on Litigation Services: an annual subscription to our Core Collection plus the option of adding one or both of the litigation practice areas: Corporate & Commercial Litigation and/or Personal Injury Litigation
- Modules are also available for sale as individual stand alones
dedicated team of lawyer-editors is at the heart of the service, bringing extensive practice experience from leading law firms and law departments. These lawyer-editors create cross-check and continuously update Practical Law Canada resources to keep you up to date with the latest legal, regulatory and practice developments. Resources are extremely practical and include:
- Practice Overviews and Practice Notes that provide straightforward how-to guides and clear explanations of current law and practice, ranging from basic overviews to detailed analysis for specialists.
- Standard Documents and Standard Clauses that are up-to-date precedents with detailed drafting notes, negotiating guidance, opposing positions and alternative clauses that can be downloaded and saved in Word for easy editing and customization.
- Checklists, time lines and charts that serve as quick reference reminders and provide a 360 degree view to help make sure you have covered all the bases.
- Toolkits that provide a compilation of resources that focus on specific issues.
- Glossaries that decode jargon and dovetail with terms used in the documents, checklists and practice notes.
- Updates which feature trend pieces / hot topic discussions.
- Provincial Q&As that provide high level overviews of particular legal topics in specific Canadian jurisdictions. The comparison tool enables users to compare requirements on a variety of key topics across multiple jurisdictions.
- Country Q&As which provide global insight and guidance, Q&A Comparison Tools and International Transaction Guides which provide jurisdiction specific answers to frequently asked questions about doing a variety of transactions- all written by leading lawyers in international firms.
For more information or to sign up for a free trial, visit us at ca.practicallaw.com