The market leading consolidated, annotated version of the federal Income Tax Act in Canada
Editor: David M. Sherman, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Practitioner's Income Tax Act (PITA) is the market leading consolidated, annotated version of Canada's federal Income Tax Act and Regulations. More than any other published Income Tax Act, it's a comprehensive resource, with expert insights, detailed annotations and up-to-date amendments - all in a portable, search-easy, single-volume format. It also features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K. Tax treaties with detailed annotations and explanations.
Thomson Reuters ProView™ The eBook edition of PITA is available on Thomson Reuters ProView, giving you access to your eBook across a variety of browsers and devices. Learn more at store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview.
- Enactment of S.C. 2017, c. 33 (Bill C-63, Royal Assent Dec. 14, 2017; formerly Sept. 8, 2017 draft legislation, Oct. 25, 2017 Notice of Ways and Means Motion): second 2017 Budget bill
- Dec. 13, 2017 draft legislation (modifying the July 18, 2017 draft legislation): tax planning using private corporations
- Oct. 24, 2017 Notice of Ways and Means Motion: Fall Economic Statement—reduction in small business tax rate, other changes
- Oct. 2017 Finance news releases/Backgrounders modifying the July 18, 2017 draft legislation
- Aug. 4, 2017 and Nov. 6, 2017 Agriculture Canada news releases: 2016-17 tax relief for livestock producers
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments
Available in many other formats
Call to order: Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Practitioner's Income Tax Act at store.thomsonreuters.ca/pita.
- eCurrency updates and McCarthy Tétrault's CanadaTax Service Quick Reference Guide provided free to print customers requesting to be placed on standing order subscription (automatic shipment of new editions/supplements)