This essential publication provides comprehensive in-depth commentary on trust and estate planning concepts, and more
Taxation of Trusts and Estates: A Practitioner's Guide 2018 is an essential handbook and research source for lawyers, accountants, trust administrators, and trust officers. Professionally compiled by an experienced multi-disciplinary team, this publication provides comprehensive in-depth commentary on trust and estate planning concepts, and an explanation and discussion of the use of various types of trusts. Preparing the T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Returns and Schedules with accuracy and certainty is no small task. To help you accomplish this quickly and correctly, this comprehensive guide offers clear, practical solutions and commentary for each step of the Return.
- The keys aspects related to trusts and estates of the changes proposed on July 18, 2017
- The proposed changes to the use of principal residence exemption by trusts
- The new testamentary trusts rules effective as of 2016
- The new donation rules applicable to donations made by a graduated rate estate
- The revised rules dealing with deemed dispositions applicable to spousal or common-law partner trust, alter-ego trust and joint partner trust
- Special considerations applicable to taxation of non-resident trusts deemed to be resident in Canada