Clause by clause, from the initial offer to the final agreement, this work provides expert commentary and guidance to help you formulate a commercial lease both parties can agree to. The fifth edition adds even more updates, comments and revisions but in the same useful format and plain-language style.
Inside you'll also find:
- Numerous changes updating the lease to reflect the growing impact of the electronic era on leasing, such as whether Internet sales should be included/excluded from gross revenue and the impact of email
- A free companion CD-ROM containing the precedent lease, and six notices designed to speed the drafting process
- A discussion of "super priorities" in the event of distress by a landlord for outstanding rental arrears
- A discussion of recent landlord and tenant court decisions
- Changes to the Ontario assessment and property taxation system
- Numerous new interpretations on the practical problems of commercial leasing from both the landlord's and tenant's point of view