A Practitioner's Guide to Alternative Investment Funds
provides a practical guide to the law and regulation in this area. Covering hedge funds, venture capital funds, buy-out funds, real estate funds and more esoteric vehicles, it examines the fundamental structuring and the operational issues common to these funds in a jargon-free manner.
The new edition deals fully with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, in force from July 2013, including the new authorisation procedures, and the detailed rules it introduces on delegation, transparency, conduct of business, risk management, remuneration, leverage and reporting.
- Explains the new EU regulatory regime and its implementation
- Discusses structural, investment, marketing, administrative and taxation topics
- Covers stress testing and liquidity
- Deals with litigation risk, enforcement and rights and duties of management
- Contains case studies and practical examples to illustrate and explain the issues