This practical guide equips you with the proactive and reactive strategies you need to quickly identify and manage potential and actual cases of sexual misconduct in your school. From board and police protocols to criminal background checks and investigations, this practical resource offers the tools necessary to handle this highly volatile issue "the right way".
Inside find valuable information that helps you avoid going about it "the wrong way", such as:
- A clear explanation of the concept of sexual misconduct
- How criminal proceedings against employers and employees impact the school
- The effect of civil liability cases
- The Ontario College of Teachers' role in such matters and its effect on the school
- The effect of Internet misconduct
- The involvement of police
- Societal expectations
- How to balance the rights of those accused, sometimes wrongly, with those who have been truly exploited
This must-have resource also provides detailed analysis and commentary on the noted Robins Report, the Criminal Code, Child and Family Services Act, Education Act (Safe Schools Act)
and the Ontario Human Rights Code
– all of which guide you in taking effective action.