This resource is full of practical strategies, case studies and professional guidance that helps you understand and limit the risks of managing problematic parental outside relations. Written in a practical step-by-step manner, it quickly guides you through both the legal and management concerns pertaining to this important issue.
Inside you'll find valuable information on the flashpoints that can lead to parental harassment, when and how to react to upset parents, how to utilize board and police protocols and implement safe school policies and the law when necessary.
Topics examined include:
- Utilizing the Criminal Code
- Resorting to civil action
- Remedies under education legislation
- Trespass legislation
- Work refusals under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other human resources issues
Various case studies explain what can be done or avoided to best manage this serious issue.