The Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been providing leading edge coverage of the issues that matter to you
Regularly cited by appellate courts across Canada including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been providing leading edge coverage of the issues that matter to you for more than 10 years. Each article in the 2017 edition is designed to help you understand how new developments in Canadian law will affect your practice. Topics were carefully chosen and written by authors from across Canada. The Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2017 has a truly national flavour, relevant and appealing to litigators in every province and territory.
New in this Edition
The 2017 edition of the Annual Review of Civil Litigation features articles on current issues in Civil Litigation written by expert civil litigators.
Over the years, the Annual Review of Civil Litigation has been increasing the number of articles and thus the number of topics covered each year. This new edition contains nineteen new articles on current issues in civil litigation.
- Advocating with Persuasive Authority: The Art and Science of Persuasion — Chapter VII—Justice Todd Archibald and Mark Friedman
- Failing to Predict the Past: Will Legal Causation Kill Tort Law in Cyberspace?—R. Lee Akazaki, C.S.
- The Power of Securities Commissions to Compel Testimony: A Comparative Perspective—Sophie Melchers, Josée Beaudoin and Fortunat Nadima Nadima
- Disputes over Parental Care when the Dutiful Child Wants to Get Paid—Ruth M. Corbin and Barry S. Corbin
- A Canadian Perspective on Insuring the Next Asbestos—Heather A. Sanderson
- Separate, Independent and Confounding: Understanding Personal Liability for Corporate Acts —Robert Brush and Michael L. Byers
- Misrepresentation in a Contractual Matrix: The Evolving Approach to Exclusion Clauses—Diana Edmonds
- Civility: A Cornerstone in the Administration of Justice and the Rule of Law—Anne L. Kirker, Q.C., Aditya M. Badami, Sarah Ivany and Lindsay Bec
- Much Ado About § 1782: Compelling American Discovery for Use in Canadian Class Actions—Ian C. Matthews and Fahad Siddiqui
- Medical Malpractice: Important Developments in the Law—Maria Damiano
- The Profitable and Potentially Perilous Pierringer Agreement—Theresa M. Hartley and Irina Sfranciog
- Moving Toward a Standard for Analyzing “A Good Chance of Success on Motions for Security for Costs—Susie Lindsay
- Simple Scratches, Complex Changes: Sattva, Ledcor, Teal and Developments in the Law of Contract—Sandra Corbett, Q.C. and Ryan P. Krushelnitzky
- Waiver of Liability in Recreation Cases—Susan E, Gunter
- What Is a New Cause of Action? The Need for Certainty in the Post-Limitation Amendments to Pleadings—Sarah W. Corman and Anastasia-Maria Hountalas
- Settlement Privilege and Access to Justice—Alissa Goldberg
- Admissible Opinion Evidence at Trial: Rules, Restrictions and Limitations of Expert and Lay Opinions—Melanie R. Gaston and Olivia Dixon
- The Case for Probate: Not Just a Tax—Arieh Abraham Bloom
- Offers to Settle—Itse Ezomo
Also included in this edition is a Consolidated Table of Contents, which provides a summary of all articles published in the Annual Review of Civil Litigation since its inception in 2001.