Archbold authority for the magistrates' court.
General Editor: District Judge Barbara Barnes
Bringing you the authority, trust and reassurance you would expect from Archbold, but designed specifically for the magistrates' court, Archbold Magistrates' Courts Criminal Practice 2017
arms you with all the expertise you need to successfully practice in the magistrates' court.
The new edition includes
- Covers all criminal matters dealt with in the magistrates' court
- Follows a chronological order, so that you can find the information you need quickly
- Gives you the law and procedures from those who really understand how it works
- Provides practical guidance on substantive law, showing what the prosecution must prove, defences and sentencing for each offence
- Includes full citation of authorities from statute and case law which can be cited in court
- Features specialist coverage of youth courts, with guidance on proceedings and the regime for vulnerable witnesses
- Sets out how to deal with mentally disordered offenders, showing what special arrangements apply
- Contains flowcharts, procedural checklists, core statutory material, Codes, Rules and Practice Directions for ease of reference
- Ensures portability with a one-volume format, ideal for court use
New legislation; Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 and Coercive behaviour in family relations offences introduced by the Serious Crime Act 2015
New case law in almost every chapter but particularly on procedure including abuse of process, case management and disclosure
New Sentencing Guidelines on Dangerous Dogs offences, Health and Safety Offences and Food Hygiene Offences and allocation.
Entirely revised and up-dated chapter on Sexual Offences
Updated and amended Criminal Practice Directions, Criminal Procedure Rules and Codes of Practice under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView ™