Authored by a leading expert in family law, this work provides a full analysis of the Federal Child Support Guidelines
, giving you a clear understanding of the financial obligations of divorcing parents to their children. Commentary and analysis, including reference to reported and unreported cases, are arranged topically, and the full text of the Federal Child Support Guidelines
(excluding tables) is a separate appendix for easy reference.
Topics covered include:
- When to income average
- When income will be imputed
- Child support in special situations including shared custody "adult" children
- Undue hardship
- How to calculate income
- Variation of support orders
- Effect of prior agreements
- Disclosure obligations and more!