Insightful and dependable interpretation of the latest developments in the Federal Courts
With the publication of this new edition, Federal Courts Practice 2017
continues the tradition of providing advice on a complete range of judicial review, trial and appellate proceedings.
Written by a well-respected team of authors, Federal Courts Practice
is a comprehensive guide to the laws that govern the Federal Courts, with insightful expert commentary and case digests. The 2017 edition includes:
BONUS For Standing Order Subscribers – Free Authored Update Supplement + Practice Advisor
- Introductory overview containing a comprehensive, insightful analysis of recent decisions of the Supreme Court of Canada and the Federal Courts on jurisdiction, judicial review, intellectual property, and maritime law issues. Recent key cases in jurisdiction, maritime law, and conflict of interest are considered and explained.
- Full text reproduction in both official languages of the current versions of the Federal Courts Act, Federal Courts Rules and Forms, the Federal Courts Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules, and the public interest immunity provisions of the Canada Evidence Act.
- Section-by-section and rule-by-rule analysis and commentary by the authors – a judge of the Federal Court and two senior practitioners – on the latest key decisions
- Recent leading decision by the Supreme Court of Canada on lawyers' duty of loyalty and other issues explained
- Bilingual forms and tariffs of fees under the Federal Courts Rules
New with this edition is a free authored update supplement, available in print and on ProView. As an introductory offer, the supplement is free of charge with a subscription to Federal Courts Practice
. It will be provided halfway to the release of the new edition and will contain legislative updates, the latest case annotations and authored commentary summarizing all significant changes since the publication of the current edition.
Standing order subscribers to Federal Courts Practice will receive Practice Advisor at no extra cost upon request. This exclusive quarterly email service will keep you current on all significant statutory and regulatory changes.
Federal Courts Practice
is also available in a print + ProView ebook combination with Practice Advisor
or as a ProView ebook with Practice Advisor