This invaluable guide provides you with helpful tips and strategies for setting up a solo practice.
Whether you're new to the profession or ready to strike out on your own, this step-by-step guide gives you the nuts and bolts of setting up and running your own law firm.
Learn how to:
- Approach banks for financing
- Prepare business plans
- Find and negotiate office space
- Manage employees
- Develop marketing strategies
- Organize client files and accounting records
- Handle insurance issues, tax obligations, Law Society requirements, closing down a law practice
The Second Edition of Going It Alone: A Start up Guide for the Sole Practitioner
reflects the new realities of today's law practice. The book deals with new, more stringent legal considerations, rapidly evolving technology, and includes resources for lawyers struggling with the stresses of the profession. In addition to updates throughout, the following chapters have been substantially revised: Incorporation, Setting up your Office, Employees, Tax and Other Employers' Obligations and Law Society and Other Professional Obligations.