Stiff fines for workers and employers caught violating workplace safety codes is the new reality under historic changes to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act legislation. Avoid on-site fines under Alberta’s new OH&S Ticketing and Administrative Penalties System with the HANDI-GUIDE to Alberta’s OH&S Act, Regulation and Code – 2017 Edition.
- Updates to the OH & S Act, Regulation and Code.
- Changes brought about as a result of the Enhanced Protection for Farm and Ranch Workers Act.
- An updated Administrative Penalty Regulation, plus a Table of Violation Tickets listing “ticketable” offences under the legislation.
- Updated commentary about paid (waged) non-family farm and ranch workers under the OH & S Act; including discussion of the exemption for farm/ranch family members.
- An update on the implementation of the WHMIS 2015 program under Alberta’s OH&S legislation.
- Updates on Enforcement and Compliance and fresh commentary on how the OHS branch uses enforcement tools such as administrative penalties and violation tickets for more than 60 types of contraventions.
- A new chapter on Joint Workplace Health and Safety Committees.
This practical guide includes the current version of the act and regulation as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Code plus 5 interpretative chapters that will help you understand and interpret the law. Also includes a handy chart listing all the new oh&s ticketable contraventions. A powerful safety tool for worker training, and for increasing worker and supervisor awareness of their responsibilities under workplace safety law. Alberta's Occupational Health and Safety Code, Part 1, Section 2.1 states: " Availability of legislation 2.1 An employer must ensure that a current paper or electronic copy of each of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and the Occupational Health and Safety Code is readily available for reference by workers."
Alberta Employment and Immigration, responsible for administering the OHS Act, has advised that they recognize the acceptability of the official published versions from Alberta's Queen's Printer, as well as copies as published by Carswell in the Handi-Guide.
Alberta Queen's Printer – letter of endorsement
Multiple copy discounts available.