Get practical answers to the ethical questions faced by lawyers
Lawyers & Ethics: Professional Responsibility and Discipline is a practical, contemporary text dealing with the issues of professional responsibility regularly confronting lawyers in Canada in every area of practice. It is a valuable reference source for the practising lawyer and the student and relates the rules of professional conduct to daily practice. Specific types of ethical problems arising in the major areas of practice are identified, and insightful, practical solutions presented. Areas of practice discussed are criminal, civil litigation, estates, real estate, corporate and in-house counsel. A substantial portion of the work is devoted to discipline proceedings.
This significant reference includes:
Get FREE eBook access with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Comprehensive, practical coverage and leading case law on issues that arise in court (confidentiality, advocacy, conflicts of interest in litigation, prosecuting, criminal defence, civility) and out of court (counseling, negotiation, mediation, conflicts of interest)
- Expert commentary and important case law on access to justice (advertising, solicitation, contingency fees, the media), and the regulation of the profession (admission to the bar, regulating competence and quality of service, Rules of Professional Conduct, discipline proceedings and the independence of the bar).
- The CBA Code of Professional Conduct, FLSC Model Code of Professional Conduct, the CBA Conflicts of Interest Toolkit, and more
- Legal Memoranda on ethical issues in practice
- Index of Selected Legal Literature in the ethics and professional regulation context
- Words & Phrases section for judicial considerations and definitions of key terms
This title has become a part of Thomson Reuters ProView™, which means you'll have eBook access to all the content as part of your looseleaf print subscription.
About Thomson Reuters ProView™
Not just any eReader, Thomson Reuters ProView is a free, professional-grade platform that gives you the freedom to work however, whenever, and wherever you want, with access to your Thomson Reuters eBooks online and offline.
With our ProView eBooks, you can:
- Access your eBook content through your choice of iPad, Android tablet, desktop app (Windows and Mac), or web login*
- Provide eBook access for an unlimited number of users at the same location, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Enjoy automatically integrated product updates, with your looseleaf subscription(s)
- Access your entire ProView library with one username and password
- Create a PDF that you can save, print, add your notes, and share
- Link out to full-text cases in WestlawNext® Canada or in Taxnet Pro® (available with subscriptions to WestlawNext Canada or Taxnet Pro)
- Register up to four different devices to your ProView account to access your library
- Sync all your notes, highlights and bookmarks, across all devices you registered with your ProView account
- Automatically transfer all of your notes, highlights and bookmarks, to updated editions and contents
For the entire range of titles offered as Thomson Reuters ProView eBooks, or for more information on Thomson Reuters ProView:
*Certain features and functionalities may not be available to ProView users accessing looseleaf eBooks in an IP authentication environment.
iPad and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.