This title offers the criminal law practitioner comprehensive coverage of the legislative and jurisprudential developments involving Part XX.1 of the Criminal Code
, with timely updates, convenient informational resources, and navigational aids to facilitate both quick consultation and in-depth legal research. Issues given a thorough analysis in this work include the following:
- Automatism and other mental disorders
- The not-criminally-responsible (or NCR) defence
- Mental disorders in the non-NCR context, such as sentencing
- Fitness to stand trial and reviews of dispositions rendered
- Venue, procedure, evidence and other questions arising in hearings and appeals
- Travel, interprovincial transfers and extraterritorial matters
Other features include relevant provisions of the Criminal Code
, Youth Criminal Justice Act
¸ the Inquiries Act
, and the International Transfer of Offenders Act
; forms for assessment orders, warrants of committal, and more; rules, guidelines and procedures of the review boards of Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec; and listings of Canada's designated psychiatric hospitals.
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is a professional grade platform that allows you to access your eBook(s) across a variety of browsers and devices.
Learn more at carswell.com/proview