The Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations – Consolidated Edition includes the same great content as the Pocket OH&S in a larger format, with larger print and coloured tabs
This publication has the same great content as our Pocket Ontario OH&S Act and Regulations 2018 in a larger 6 x 9 format and larger print with large 1/2” coloured tabs separating the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and each major regulation with multiple indices for the Act and each major regulation. The Ontario OH&S Act and Regulations - Consolidated Edition 2018 is formatted for ease of use and is designed for training, reference and research purposes.
This book contains the complete and current Ontario OHSA and regulations and includes drilled holes for easy posting. It also features a comprehensive index with page references, a detailed Table of Contents and a list of OH&S information resources. This makes it ideal for quick and precise referencing when and where you need it. It is ideal for use in all organizations in Ontario governed by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
This book is also available through your web browser or can be downloaded to your desktop or tablet using our ProView platform.
Coloured tabs separating the OH&S Act and each major regulation with multiple indices for the Act and each major regulation for ease of use and suitable for training purposes.
Available as a Thomson Reuters ProView™ eBook directly from your web browser or on your ipad, in a bundle with the print format (not applicable to bookstores, academic institutions, and students)
The 2018 Edition of the Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations - Consolidated Edition 2018 reflects all amendments Gazetted up to January 20, 2018.
New This Year
- Fines and Penalties – Bill 177, the Stronger, Fairer Ontario Act (Budget Measures) 2017, quadrupled the maximum fines that may be imposed for an offence under the Act from $25,000 to $100,000 for an individual, and tripled the fines from $500,000 to $1,500,000 for a corporation, in force December 14, 2017.
- Limitation Periods – Bill 177, the legislation amended the limitation period for bringing a prosecution under the Act or regulations from one year from the date of the alleged offence to one year from the later of the last act or default upon which the prosecution is based, or the date an inspector becomes aware of the alleged offence, in force December 14, 2017.
- Reportable Incident for Structural Inadequacies – Bill 177 also added a new reportable incident for structural inadequacies of a building, structure, or any other part of a workplace as a source of danger or hazard to workers, in force December 14, 2017.
- Working at Heights Training – the Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training Regulation, O. Reg. 297/13, was amended with respect to employer requirements relating to working at heights training for workers on construction sites who are required to use a fall protection system, in force October 1, 2017.
- Critical Injury Definition – the Critical Injury – Defined Regulation, R.R.O. Reg. 834, was amended to clarify the definition of “critical injury,” in force January 16, 2017.
- Footwear with Elevated Heels – Bill 148, the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017, amended the Occupational Health and Safety Act to prohibit employers from requiring a worker to wear footwear with an elevated heel unless such footwear is required to perform the work safely (does not apply to performers in the entertainment or advertising industries), in force November 27, 2017.
- Mines and Mining Plants – O.Reg. 167/16, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854, with respect to risk assessments, underground mining occurrences, water and drainage, and written traffic management programs, in force January 1, 2017.
- Industrial Establishments – O.Reg. 289/17, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 851, with respect to oxygen content of air, in force January 1, 2018.
- Designated Substances – O.Reg. 288/17, amending O.Reg. 490/09, with respect to Isocyanates, organic compounds, in force January 1, 2018.
- Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents – O.Reg. 287/17, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 833, with respect to chemical substances, physical agents and biological exposure indices, in force January 1, 2018.
- Construction Projects – O.Reg. 142/17, amending O. Reg. 213/91 with respect to toilet, urinal and cleanup facilities, suspended work platforms and miscellaneous provisions, in force May 19, 2017; O.Reg. 471/16, amending O. Reg. 213/91 with respect to suspended work platform systems and boatswain’s chairs, in force January 1, 2017; O.Reg. 242/16, amending O. Reg. 213/91 with respect to suspended work platforms, in force January 1, 2017.
The Accident Prevention, Investigation and Reporting section, the list of OH&S Resources, the Index and the Table of Contents have all been updated and revised.