This publication has the same great content as our Pocket Ontario OH&S Act and Regulations 2017 in a larger 6 x 9 format and larger font with large 1/2” coloured tabs separating the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and each major regulation with multiple indices for the Act and each major regulation. The Ontario OH&S Act and Regulations - Consolidated Edition 2017 is formatted for ease of use and is designed for training, reference and research purposes.
This book contains the complete and current Ontario OHSA and regulations and includes drilled holes for easy posting. It also features a comprehensive index with page references, a detailed Table of Contents and a list of OH&S information resources. This makes it ideal for quick and precise referencing when and where you need it. It is ideal for use in all organizations in Ontario governed by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
This book is also available through your web browser or can be downloaded to your desktop or tablet using our ProView platform.
Coloured tabs separating the OH&S Act and each major regulation with multiple indices for the Act and each major regulation for ease of use and suitable for training purposes.
Available as a Thomson Reuters ProView™ eBook directly from your web browser or on your ipad, in a bundle with the print format (not applicable to bookstores, academic institutions, and students)
The 2017 Edition of the Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations - Consolidated Edition 2017 reflects all amendments gazetted up to January 7, 2017.
NEW THIS YEAR
Workplace Harassment — Bill 132, the Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act (Supporting Survivors and Challenging Sexual Violence and Harassment), 2016, expanding the definition of workplace harassment, establishing anti-harassment programs and complaint and investigation procedures, in force September 8, 2016.
- WHMIS 2015 — Bill 85, the Strengthening and Improving Government Act, 2015, implementing the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), in force July 1, 2016.
- Noise — New O. Reg. 381/15, extending noise protection to all Ontario workers, with consequential amendments O. Regs. 382/15 (industrial establishments), 383/15 (mines and mining), 384/15 (oil and gas) and 385/15 (farming), in force July 1, 2016.
- Construction Projects — O. Reg. 242/16, amending O. Reg. 213/91, with respect to multi-point suspended access equipment, in force June 24, 2016, July 1, 2016 and January 1, 2017.
- Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents — O. Reg. 347/15, extending the application of the regulation to the construction industry and enabling use of “codes of practice,” in force July 1, 2016.
- Confined Space — O. Reg. 346/15, amending O. Reg. 632/05, with respect to “acceptable atmospheric levels,” in force July 1, 2016.
- Mining — O. Reg. 265/15, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854, with respect to electrical requirements, electrical locking and tagging, high visibility safety apparel and fees payable for rope testing, in force July 1, 2016. O. Reg. 166/16, amending R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854, with respect to conveyors and diamond drilling operations, in force July 1, 2016; with respect to offences, in force October 1, 2016; with respect to risk assessments, records of occurrence, water drainage, water management programs and traffic management programs, in force January 1, 2017.
The OH&S Resources, Summary Conviction Offences, Index and Table of Contents have been updated and revised.