The market leading consolidated, annotated version of the federal Income Tax Act in Canada
Editor: David M. Sherman, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Practitioner's Income Tax Act (PITA) is the market leading consolidated, annotated version of Canada's federal Income Tax Act and Regulations. More than any other published Income Tax Act, it's a comprehensive resource, with expert insights, detailed annotations and up-to-date amendments - all in a portable, search-easy, single-volume format. It also features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K. Tax treaties with detailed annotations and explanations.
Available in many other formats
Call to order: Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Practitioner's Income Tax Act at www.carswell.com/pita.
- eCurrency updates and McCarthy Tétrault's CanadaTax Service Quick Reference Guide provided free to print customers requesting to be placed on standing order subscription (automatic shipment of new editions/supplements)
- Enactment of S.C. 2017, c. 20 (Bill C-44, Royal Assent June 22, 2017): certain Budget 2017 tax measures
- March 22, 2017 Federal Budget Notice of Ways and Means Motion: extensive proposed amendments and Budget Supplementary Information excerpts
- Enactment of S.C. 2017, c. 12 (Bill C-4, Royal Assent June 19, 2017): repeal of ITA 149.01, 239(2.31)
- May 5, 2017 draft legislation and technical notes: tax relief for farmers and fishers supplying cooperatives
- May 18, 2017 Notice of Ways and Means Motion and technical notes: exemption for personnel deployed on international operational missions
- Bill C-59 (First Reading June 20, 2017): consequential amendment to ITA 241(9)
- March 28, 2017 Agriculture news release: tax relief for prescribed 2016 drought regions (Reg. 7305)
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments