Lectures in Real Estate Transactions
is a study of the fundamental principles of contract law, tort law, restitution, and property law in the context of a transaction involving the sale of land and in the broader context of commercial transactions. The work examines the standard form agreement of purchase and sale and the role of statutory systems that create and regulate property rights. The text examines the systems for the registration of land ownership in Ontario and the Planning Act's regulation of the subdivision of land. The text examines the legal issues associated with mortgage remedies in Ontario.
This book is an indispensable resource for real estate lawyers and students. The book features case law, case commentaries and statutory references necessary for an understanding of real estate transactions in the province of Ontario.
Topics covered include:
(1) The Agreement of Purchase and Sale; (2) Transfer of Title; (3) Real Estate Agents; (4) The Registry Act; (5) The Land Titles Act; (6) The Planning Act; (7) Remedies; and (8) Mortgage Remedies.
New in the Second Edition
- New chapter on Lawyers' Professional Responsibilities, Duty of Care and Fiduciary Duties
- Updated commentary and new case law on Caveat Emptor and the use of Seller Property Information Sheets
- Expanded commentary and case law on Mitigation and the availability of Specific Performance
- More about Actual Notice and the Land Titles Act