This book offers practical, easy-to-understand strategies that can help you keep more of your hard-earned dollars and boost your family's net worth
Editors-in-Chief: Paul B. Hickey, CPA, CA (Toronto) and Peter J. Bangs, CPA, CA (Ottawa) Editor: Carol Bethune, MA (Toronto)
In Canada, taxes are one of the biggest obstacles to the creation and preservation of independent wealth. Whether you're a student, a married or single parent, an executive or the owner-manager of your own business, this book offers practical, easy-to-understand strategies that can help you keep more of your hard-earned dollars and boost your family's net worth. Up to date for 2018 by the tax and financial planning team at one of Canada's largest professional services firms, KPMG, this year's guide gives you the latest on federal and provincial tax credit amounts.
Tax Planning for You and Your Family – your guide for saving money at tax time and all year round. Also available in French.
New in this edition
In addition to updated federal and provincial tax rates and tax credit amounts, this year’s book offers new information on:
- Changes to restrict investments in tax-assisted registered plans
- New Canada Caregiver Credit
- Changes to eliminate the ability for some taxpayers to use billed-basis accounting
- Elimination of the public transit tax credit
- Changes to the tuition tax credit for occupational skills courses
- A high-level summary of the proposed new tax regime for private companies.