Use this quick reference for immediate access to primary law and concise commentary on bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
Always up-to-date - two editions a year
The Annotated Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act continues to be the resource you can rely on for authoritative guidance and current law and policy at a moment's notice. This practical softcover is a condensed version of the five-volume classic Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law of Canada, 4th Edition. It's the perfect quick reference you can rely on for immediate access to primary law and concise commentary.
- Full text of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act plus a Table of Concordance
- In-depth commentary and case annotations for each section of the Act that explains how the legislation applies in practice
- An individual Table of Contents for the General Rules under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Full text of federal legislation, including the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, the Wage Earner Protection Program Act and Regulations, and the Farm Debt Mediation Act
- Position papers and directives issued by the federal Superintendent of Bankruptcy, preceded by a Table of Contents for ease of reference
- A comprehensive index to the legislation, commentary, forms, precedents, tariffs and Superintendent of Bankruptcy policy statements and directives
New in this Edition
This release includes all recent legislative amendments. Also included is the following recent case law dealing with the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act:
- Dalcor Inc. v. Unimac Group Ltd., 2017 CarswellOnt 1452, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 56, 2017 ONSC 945 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Guthrie v. Abakhan & Associates Inc., 2017 CarswellBC 530, 2017 BCCA 102 (B.C. C.A.)
- L-Jalco Holdings Inc. v. Bell, 2017 CarswellOnt 1713, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 320, 2017 ONSC 1035 (Ont. S.C.J. [Commercial List])
- Ontario (Securities Commission) v. Kotton, 2017 CarswellOnt 4348, 2017 ONSC 1379 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers v. Bank of Montreal, 2017 CarswellNfld 91, 46 C.B.R. (6th) 309, 2017 NLTD(G) 43 (N.L. T.D.)
- Re Bloom Lake General Partner Ltd., 2017 CarswellQue 329, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 110 (C.S. Que.)
- Re Kocken Energy Systems Inc., 2017 CarswellNS 187, 2017 NSSC 80 (N.S. S.C.)
- Re Lee, 2017 CarswellOnt 463, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 68, 2017 ONSC 388 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Re Nortel Networks Corp., 2017 CarswellOnt 1120, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 265, 2017 ONSC 700 (Ont. S.C.J. [Commercial List])
- Re Target Canada Co., 2017 CarswellOnt 3130, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 225, 2017 ONSC 327 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Re Tudor Sales Ltd., 2017 CarswellBC 170, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 45, 2017 BCSC 119 (B.C. S.C.)
- Re Ultra Petroleum Corp., 2017 CarswellYukon 16, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 82, 2017 YKSC 9 (Y.T. S.C.)
- Re Walter Energy Canada Holdings, Inc., 2017 CarswellBC 79, 43 C.B.R. (6th) 158, 2017 BCSC 53 (B.C. S.C.)
- Royal Bank of Canada v. Delta Logistics Transportation Inc., 2017 CarswellOnt 340, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 77, 2017 ONSC 368 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Scott v. Scott, 2017 CarswellOnt 1099, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 199, 2017 ONSC 346 (Ont. S.C.J.).
Thomson Reuters ProView®
The eBook* version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone (coming soon).
Visit store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView eBooks.
*Not available to academic institutions, third-party distributors, and students.