Use this quick reference for immediate access to primary law and concise commentary on bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
Always up-to-date - two editions a year
The Annotated Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act continues to be the resource you can rely on for authoritative guidance and current law and policy at a moment's notice. This practical softcover is a condensed version of the five-volume classic Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law of Canada, 4th Edition. It's the perfect quick reference you can rely on for immediate access to primary law and concise commentary.
- Full text of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act plus a Table of Concordance
- In-depth commentary and case annotations for each section of the Act that explains how the legislation applies in practice
- An individual Table of Contents for the General Rules under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Full text of federal legislation, including the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act, the Wage Earner Protection Program Act and Regulations, and the Farm Debt Mediation Act
- Position papers and directives issued by the federal Superintendent of Bankruptcy, preceded by a Table of Contents for ease of reference
- A comprehensive index to the legislation, commentary, forms, precedents, tariffs and Superintendent of Bankruptcy policy statements and directives
New in this Edition
• This release includes all recent legislative amendments. Also included is the following recent case law dealing with the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act:
- Dalcor Inc. v. Unimac Group Ltd., 2017 CarswellOnt 1452, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 56, 2017 ONSC 945 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Guthrie v. Abakhan & Associates Inc., 2017 CarswellBC 530, 2017 BCCA 102 (B.C. C.A.)
- L-Jalco Holdings Inc. v. Bell, 2017 CarswellOnt 1713, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 320, 2017 ONSC 1035 (Ont. S.C.J. [Commercial List])
- Ontario (Securities Commission) v. Kotton, 2017 CarswellOnt 4348, 2017 ONSC 1379 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers v. Bank of Montreal, 2017 CarswellNfld 91, 46 C.B.R. (6th) 309, 2017 NLTD(G) 43 (N.L. T.D.)
- Re Bloom Lake General Partner Ltd., 2017 CarswellQue 329, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 110 (C.S. Que.)
- Re Kocken Energy Systems Inc., 2017 CarswellNS 187, 2017 NSSC 80 (N.S. S.C.)
- Re Lee, 2017 CarswellOnt 463, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 68, 2017 ONSC 388 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Re Nortel Networks Corp., 2017 CarswellOnt 1120, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 265, 2017 ONSC 700 (Ont. S.C.J. [Commercial List])
- Re Target Canada Co., 2017 CarswellOnt 3130, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 225, 2017 ONSC 327 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Re Tudor Sales Ltd., 2017 CarswellBC 170, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 45, 2017 BCSC 119 (B.C. S.C.)
- Re Ultra Petroleum Corp., 2017 CarswellYukon 16, 45 C.B.R. (6th) 82, 2017 YKSC 9 (Y.T. S.C.)
- Re Walter Energy Canada Holdings, Inc., 2017 CarswellBC 79, 43 C.B.R. (6th) 158, 2017 BCSC 53 (B.C. S.C.)
- Royal Bank of Canada v. Delta Logistics Transportation Inc., 2017 CarswellOnt 340, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 77, 2017 ONSC 368 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Scott v. Scott, 2017 CarswellOnt 1099, 44 C.B.R. (6th) 199, 2017 ONSC 346 (Ont. S.C.J.).
Thomson Reuters ProView®
The eBook* version of this publication is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone (coming soon).
Visit store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview to learn more and to see the complete collection of ProView eBooks.
*Not available to academic institutions, third-party distributors, and students.