This 4th edition fully updates the reader with the latest developments in condominium law and the Ontario Condominium Act, 1998
. Written for lawyers, property managers, boards of directors and unit owners alike, here is the most convenient source of answers to the questions that will arise on daily basis.
Features in the book include:
New to this Edition
- Expert commentary - A general overview of each chapter of the Act, and a thorough explanation of each provision
- More than 40 "how-to and what you need to know" checklists - Obligations of board members, notice requirements, meetings, voting, by-laws, rules, reserve funds, status certificates and maintenance and repair
- Fully annotated text of relevant legislation - Includes the Condominium Act, 1998 and the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act (Tarion Warranty Corporation) and regulations
- Hundreds of case summaries - Explaining through applicable court decisions how to interpret the statutory provisions - fully updated!
- User tools - A glossary of technical terms and an introductory chapter explaining the legal aspects of condominiums and condominium corporations
- Insider information - Written by a leading expert in the field
- Table of Concordance - Making it simple to identify the transition from the previous Act and find all corresponding sections
- Extensive updates to case law and commentary for the Condominium Act, 1998.
- New case law for the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and expanded commentary to reflect changes to the Delayed Occupancy provisions in Ontario Regulation 165/08.
- Updated 2012 Tarion Addenda for Delayed Occupancy to be included in all purchase agreements: Firm Occupancy Date and Tentative Occupancy Date.
- All legislative amendments to the Condominium Act, 1998, the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and Regulations since the last Edition.