This resource covers the fundamental principles of private and public liability connected with contaminated property and features pertinent case law in the area of vendor and purchaser transactions, landlord and tenant relations and secured financing.
Combining environmental law with the technical and scientific aspects of site assessment this practical guide keeps you up-to-date and informed on:
- The legal dimensions of liability exposure including references to the current case law
- The technical concepts employed in environmental audits and site assessments
- Sample clauses to insert into agreements
- How to identify problems
- The questions to ask vendors
- The environmental searches that should be performed
- Disclosure and reporting requirements
Other topics discussed include an updated contaminated site liability report, due diligence, environmental audits, decommissioning, real property transactions ... and more!
Toxic Real Estate Manual
is logically organized and easy-to-use. It includes features such as appendices that contain tables of Environmental Public Law Statutes and government reports concerning contaminated sites and environmental quality criteria, as well as relevant sections of environmental statutes from all ten provinces and three territories.