Youth Criminal Justice Act Manual
offers a condensed, annotated, critical analysis of major youth topics in the YCJA.
Inside find flow charts, overviews and a sequential learning system that helps you quickly understand the law and develop practical, detailed positions efficiently and convincingly.
- A review of the specialized features of youth justice – such as conferencing, extrajudicial measures and sanctions, referral to youth protection agencies and restrictions on detention at a bail hearing
- An analysis of adult sentence provisions
- A detailed review of custody and supervision
- A consideration of the 19 sentence options
- A thorough explanation of the four custody restrictions under s. 39(1)
- Discussion of the purposes of sentencing and s. 38 factors - and more!
Access precedent-setting authorities including three recent ground breaking Supreme Court decisions on, "violent offence", "deterrence", and "the reverse onus for presumptive offences."
Available electronically on CriminalSource