A Commentary on the LCIA Arbitration Rules, 2nd edition expands on the First Edition which was the first full length book on the LCIA Rules. The second edition provides a thorough assessment of the Rules and their legal and historical context, as well as advice on areas for consideration when choosing the LCIA Rules or conducting an arbitration under them.
It highlights the differences and innovations in the new Rules and discusses their implications. The commentary extends to the new Annex, containing Guidelines for legal representatives, and to the Schedule of Costs. The book also provides practitioners with a substantial set of invaluable reference materials for use in conjunction with the Rules – new reference materials to this edition including the LCIA Guidance Notes and the DIFC-LCIA Rules 2016.
- Provides expert analysis and practical advice to those considering or engaged in arbitration under the LCIA Rules, making it a valuable reference both for specialists and those new to arbitration.
- Explains features of administered arbitration under the LCIA Rules and draws comparisons with ad hoc, trade association and other institutional arbitration proceedings, such as those under the ICC and SIAC Arbitration Rules
- Goes through every aspect of the proceedings so you have expert guidance throughout
- Explains the LCIA’s procedures for the selection and appointment of Arbitral Tribunals and Emergency Arbitrators
- Covers issues that need to be considered when nominating candidates for an Arbitral Tribunal
- Discusses the challenge, removal or replacement of arbitrators and summarises and discusses published challenge decisions of the LCIA Court
- Discusses the changes to the LCIA Rules introduced in 2014, including the Guidelines for legal representatives and the Emergency Arbitrator procedure
- Includes a substantial and invaluable set of reference materials for use with the Rules – new to this edition being the LCIA Guidance Notes and the DIFC-LCIA Rules 2016
* Les prix peuvent changer sans préavis. Les suppléments peuvent être facturés séparément. Pour de plus amples informations, veuillez contacter le Service à la clientèle au 416-609-3800 (Toronto et international) / 1 800 387-5164 (Canada / É-U).