Written by leading occupational health and safety experts, no other resource offers such a clear and concise overview of the occupational health and safety (OHS) internal and external systems in Alberta.
A Practical Guide to Occupational Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation Compliance in Alberta
also introduces the workers' compensation (WC) system and effective management strategies you can employ today in order to avoid escalating WC claims costs. All of the essential information an employer, manager or human resources professional needs to know about complying with Alberta's OHS and WC laws, is provided in a practical and easy-to-read manner.
- OHS legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of workplace parties
- Legal and practical concepts regarding OHS due diligence
- How to create and maintain an effective OHS Management System
- Legal requirements for the development of a Joint Work Site Health and Safety Committee
- Legal reporting requirements for work-related accidents
- Dealing with the OHS Regulator and appealing OHS Officers' orders
- Workers' compensation claims management
Tables, practical checklists and clear-cut expert guidance make compliance easy.