Managing Editors: Andraya Frith, Dominic Mochrie, and Gillian Scott
The trusted franchise law resource for every practitioner
“The Canadian Franchise Guide is my go-to resource as in-house counsel for Canada's largest restaurant franchisor. I LOVE the CFG as it provides comprehensive guidance on all legal aspects of franchising in an easily readable and digestible format. The quick reference guide is an essential tool for franchisor's counsel and the case law summaries are a great resource for those lawyers that cannot devote a lot of time to reading decisions. Overall, this resource is an absolute MUST HAVE for busy franchise lawyers and especially those that do not have large libraries!”
Jennifer Pocock, Legal Counsel, Recipe Unlimited Corporation
A trusted resource that includes all of the economic, business and legal considerations to help you effectively navigate your way through franchise issues This classic looseleaf contains more than 2,000 pages from one of the country's leading franchise law firms. Here you will find reliable guidance to help your clients achieve their business goals, whether they intend to start a franchise, expand their franchise in Canada or internationally, bring or defend business critical franchise litigation or buy or sell an existing franchise system.
- Key legal considerations in the franchise model
- International franchising
- Regulation of business practices
- Leading franchise decisions
- Developing and operating a franchise system
New in this edition
- Practical, user friendly content including a table of leading franchise legal decisions organized by topic
- New Quick Reference Guide section containing practical, concise, user friendly tips and best practices relating to various issues facing franchisors
- Up-to-date Franchise Disclosure Document checklist
- A new section on business issues around developing and operating a franchise system.
Also available as an eLooseleaf on ProView with an integrated search option for WestlawNext Canada subscribers. See all available titles store.thomsonreuters.ca/elooseleaf