This is the 28th edition of Sweet & Maxwell’s annual guide to EU competition law, the essential starting point for the analysis of competition law issues for practical case work and academic study.
EU Competition Law Handbook provides a comprehensive digest of Commission decisions and competition cases before the EU and national courts. It is conveniently cross-referenced by subject matter for the swift location of the full list of relevant case law, regulations, and notices.
- Comprehensive but simple to use reference system and clear structure
- Distinct sections on General Competition Rules and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Analytical digest divided by subject matter guides you through the maze of legislation, cases, and decisions
- Detailed tables show the type of decision reached by the Commission or Court of Justice, the type of agreement or activity, the product in question, and any fine imposed
- Tinted thumb tabs aid your navigation through the book
Key new cases include:
- Mergers: Hutchison 3G UK/Telefonica UK, Hutchison 3G Italy/WIND/JV, ChemChina/Syngenta, General Electric/Alstom (Thermal Power), FedEx/TNT Express, Microsoft/LinkedIn, and many other cases with interesting developments on jurisdictional and substantive points (including new cases on innovation issues, efficiencies, etc.)
- Antitrust: Non-compete clause agreed between Portugal Telecom and Telefónica, applications for annulment brought against the Commission decision in a cartel case in the pharmaceutical sector, as well as the appeals lodged in the bathroom fittings and fixtures cartel case, in the candle wax cartel case, and in the prestressing steel cartel case
- Plus more recent national decisions from the UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, and other EU Member States
* Les prix peuvent changer sans préavis. Les suppléments peuvent être facturés séparément. Pour de plus amples informations, veuillez contacter le Service à la clientèle au 416-609-3800 (Toronto et international) / 1 800 387-5164 (Canada / É-U).