Expert Evidence: Law, Practice, Procedure and Advocacy
is the acclaimed work of first resort for analysing the complex law and practice surrounding expert witnesses and expert evidence in personal injury, commercial, criminal and family law litigation. It has been cited by superior courts in every jurisdiction in Australia and New Zealand.
As well as setting out and interpreting the complex common law and statutory criteria for expert evidence admissibility, the book also provides guidance in relation to how most effectively expert witnesses can provide their opinions and how they can be made accountable for their views. It scrutinises disciplinary and civil law repercussions for substandard expert evidence and analyses the forensic application of codes of ethics for experts that have been promulgated in all jurisdictions.
The 5th edition is revised to accommodate the increasing application of the uniform evidence legislation and also deals with a wide range of new areas of scientific, medical, financial and social science evidence that are being adduced in Australia's courts. Expert Evidence
analyses the increasing use of single experts and concurrent evidence by experts (hot-tubbing). It incorporates new analysis of the law concerning expert witness immunity, civil and disciplinary actions against experts and evidence in relation to psychiatric injuries.
- New material in relation to statistical, engineering, forensic science, mental health expert and accounting evidence
- Revises advocacy material in relation to the examination-in-chief and cross-examination of expert witnesses
- Interprets common law and statutory criteria for expert evidence admissibility
- Highlights civil and disciplinary repercussions for substandard expert evidence
- Material revised to work within the increasing application of the uniform evidence regime
* Les prix peuvent changer sans préavis. Les suppléments peuvent être facturés séparément. Pour de plus amples informations, veuillez contacter le Service à la clientèle au 416-609-3800 (Toronto et international) / 1 800 387-5164 (Canada / É-U).