The subject matter of Goods in Transit is of increasing relevance as international trade and globalisation increase. The work gathers together and integrates in a unique, accessible and practical form many aspects of general commercial, shipping, contract, bailment, tort, property, agency and transport law in one place.
Considers key areas of contract, bailment, tort, property, sale of goods and banking law as relevant to the movement of goods
The Fourth Edition
- Updates and expands the chapter on contracts to include much new analysis and many new cases
- Introduces new sections on classification of contractual terms, third party vicarious performance, contractual notices and contractual determination and certification clauses
- Expands the coverage of the duties of the bailee
- Includes heavily rewritten sections on delegation and vicarious liability
- Expanded sections on restitutionary remedies; including indemnity, contribution, subrogation and bribery
- Provides more detailed coverage of the law as to causation and remoteness of damages in contract, bailment and tort
- Introduces new sections on a number of various discrete aspects of damages claims; including damages for delay and a detailed consideration of various important aspects of risk allocation and transfer
- Expands the coverage on the topics of letters of credits, bonds, guarantees and payment generally
- Revises the chapter on illegality to deal with the recent Supreme Court cases
- Cites many important new cases decided since the third edition, including notably:
- Magellan Spirit ApS v Vitol SA "Magellan Spirit"  EWHC 454 (Comm)
* Les prix peuvent changer sans préavis. Les suppléments peuvent être facturés séparément. Pour de plus amples informations, veuillez contacter le Service à la clientèle au 416-609-3800 (Toronto et international) / 1 800 387-5164 (Canada / É-U).