HANDI-GUIDE to Alberta's OH&S Act, Regulation and Code - 2019 Edition contains the complete and current Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations in Alberta.
The HANDI-GUIDE is a practical tool for workers, supervisors, and employers. Throughout, the HANDI-GUIDE provides timely insights and interpretation on the scope of these new legislative realities.
This edition includes:
A Foreword on the new legislation written by well-known Edmonton OH&S lawyer David Myrol was added to this edition.
The current version of the (new) OH&S Act, plus regulations under the Act, including the updated OH&S Regulation and OH&S Code.
Seven interpretive chapters, with updated commentary and legislative references, to help you understand and interpret the law, including:
- A Regulatory Update, with discussion of many key topics, such as compliance and enforcement; joint committees and HS representatives; OHS program requirements; violence and harassment prevention plans; WHMIS 2015 content; update on convictions, offences, penalties, and ticketable OHS contraventions; and much more
- Chapter 1 - Key Responsibilities of Work Site Parties
- Chapter 2 - Due Diligence for Employers
- Chapter 3 - OHS Actions for Supervisors
- Chapter 4 - OHS Actions for Workers
- Chapter 5 - Joint Work Site Health and Safety Committees
- Chapter 6 - Online OHS Resources
Note: Under Part 2 (Availability of Information) of Alberta's OH&S Act, employers have a duty under Section 14(3) to ensure a paper or electronic copy of the OH&S Act, regulations, and the OH&S Code are readily available for reference by workers, joint work site health and safety committees, and health and safety representatives.
Alberta Labour (OHS Branch), responsible for administering the OH&S Act, has advised that they recognize the acceptability of the official published versions from Alberta's Queen's Printer, as well as copies as published by Thomson Reuters in the HANDI-GUIDE.
Multiple copy discounts available