Your trusted tax quick reference retirement handbook
The tax rules for IRAs and retirement plans can be confusing, often differing from plan to plan with important amounts changing from year to year. The IRA and Retirement Plan Quickfinder Handbook provides quick answers to questions involving eligibility, making contributions, limits on contributions and elective deferrals, covering employees, how distributions are taxed and when they are required, penalties, and selecting beneficiaries, just to name a few.
Whether encountering questions when preparing returns or advising a client on his or her retirement plan options, this Handbook will provide you with the answers you need in a quick-access, easy-to-read format. In addition, you’ll have all the different IRA and retirement plan amounts right at your fingertips.
With this Handbook, you’ll get:
- The ins-and-outs of traditional and Roth IRAs, with numerous examples to illustrate the key features
- The similarities and differences between SEPs, SIMPLE-IRAs, solo 401(k) and other small business retirement plans, including key factors to consider when choosing a plan
- What you need to know about how distributions are taxed, how beneficiaries can impact payouts, and what’s required for a tax-free rollover
- Quick answers without having to search through multiple publications or websites
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) Coverage Includes:
- Roth IRA Recharacterizations. Explains the new TCJA restrictions on contribution recharacterization to unwind a Roth IRA conversion.
- Tax Relief for Disaster Victims. Addresses the multiple types of statutory tax relief for qualified hurricane, California wildfire and 2016 disaster distributions from retirement plans, and the special relief for qualified plan loans to hurricane and wildfire victims.
- Plan Distributions Relief. Covers the relief provisions for qualified distributions to buy or build a home, and rollover period expansion beyond 60 days for qualified plan loan offset amounts.