This is the first resource to address all aspects of liquor liability in commercial, employment and social host settings. It includes analysis and discussion of all the leading cases and key legislation from across the country.
- Duties related to the condition of licensed premises and to activities on the premises
- The obligations of commercial hosts to take reasonable steps to ensure that patrons are not injured by other patrons
- Whether a commercial host may be responsible for the conduct of patrons who have left the premises
- Conduct of employees and the use of excessive force
- Social host liability at private functions
- The risks facing employers who provide alcohol to employees
- Criminal, regulatory and administrative matters
... and more!
Lawyers in private practice (both plaintiff and defence) and in-house counsel will find the summary of key defences particularly useful and will greatly benefit from this thorough review of the law