provides comprehensive analysis of the potential legal liabilities of healthcare professionals as they arise from the provision of medical treatment to patients. It discusses substantive law in the area of medical negligence, and provides high-level commentary on the wide-ranging issues that have or will have impact on practice in this area.
The 5th edition includes chapters on emerging issues in medical negligence practice, damages, and an expanded practice and procedure chapter.
- Provides thorough analysis of the tort of negligence as it applies to the provision of health care
- Offers clear, concise analysis for both generalist and specialist legal practitioners
- Discusses the liability of doctors as well as dentists, nurses and pharmacists
- Covers both the general principles of medical negligence and specific areas, such as consent to medical treatment, defective products, confidentiality and the liability of hospitals.
- Examines emerging issues related to medical negligence practice including the Redress Bill, access to treatment, patient autonomy and complaints
- Provides thorough coverage of defences and limitation
- Analyses current case law and interprets applicable legislation
- Includes a glossary of medical terms
- Bi-annual supplements ensure up-to-date coverage of the latest legal developments
* Les prix peuvent changer sans préavis. Les suppléments peuvent être facturés séparément. Pour de plus amples informations, veuillez contacter le Service à la clientèle au 416-609-3800 (Toronto et international) / 1 800 387-5164 (Canada / É-U).