Practitioner's Income Tax Act (PITA) is the market-leading consolidated, annotated version of the federal Income Tax Act in Canada
Editor: David M. Sherman, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
More than any other published Income Tax Act, it's a comprehensive resource, with expert insights, detailed annotations and updated amendments – all in a portable, single-volume format. It also features extensive tax rate tables and the full text of the Canada-U.S. and Canada-U.K. tax treaties with detailed annotations and explanations.
New in this edition
- Enactment of S.C. 2019, c. 29 (Bill C-97, Budget Implementation Act, 2019, No. 1, Royal Assent June 21, 2019): certain Budget 2019 tax measures and proposals of Nov. 21, 2018 and Jan. 15, 2019
- Enactment of S.C. 2019, c. 13 (Bill C-59, National Security Act, 2017, Royal Assent June 21, 2019): consequential amendment to ITA 241(9)
- Enactment of S.C. 2019, c. 12 (Bill C-82, Multilateral Instrument in Respect of Tax Conventions Act, Royal Assent June 21, 2019)
- David Sherman’s Notes summarizing the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (MLI) — enacted in Canada by Bill C-82 (S.C. 2019, c. 12, Royal Assent June 21, 2019), effectively amending dozens of Canada’s tax treaties
- May 27, 2019 draft legislation and explanatory (technical) notes: Employee Life and Health Trusts
- March 19, 2019 Federal Budget Notice of Ways and Means Motion: extensive proposed amendments and Budget Supplementary Information excerpts
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments
- Print + eCurrency
- Print + eCurrency + DVD
- Print + eCurrency + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Print + DVD + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Print + eCurrency + DVD + Thomson Reuters ProView
- Thomson Reuters ProView + eCurrency
- eCurrency updates and McCarthy Tétrault's Canada Tax Service Quick Reference Guide provided free to print customers requesting to be placed on standing order subscription (automatic shipment of new editions/supplements)
Thomson Reuters ProView
The eBook edition of PITA is available on Thomson Reuters ProView, giving you access to your eBook across a variety of browsers and devices. Learn more at store.thomsonreuters.ca/proview.
Call to order
Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Practitioner's Income Tax Act at store.thomsonreuters.ca/pita.