This invaluable resource combines expert insight, comprehensive annotations, up-to-date amendments, and proposed changes to the federal Income Tax Act.
Editor-in-Chief: Richard W. Pound, O.C., O.Q., Q.C., F.C.A
Stikeman Income Tax Act Annotated (SITA) is a completely consolidated, annotated version of Canada's federal Income Tax Act, Regulations, and Application Rules. This text features full History annotations for each provision of the Act, including former readings. It includes Selected Cases annotations prepared by Richard Pound that concisely summarize judgments relevant to specific provisions of the Act. All the newest draft legislation is fully indexed and annotated with detailed annotations for Related Provisions, Definitions, and Regulations. In addition, the Department of Finance technical notes are included for all draft legislation.
New in this edition
- Enactment of S.C. 2019, c. 29 (Bill C-97, Budget Implementation Act, 2019, No. 1, Royal Assent June 21, 2019): certain Budget 2019 tax measures and proposals of Nov. 21, 2018 and Jan. 15, 2019
- Enactment of S.C. 2019, c. 13 (Bill C-59, National Security Act, 2017, Royal Assent June 21, 2019): consequential amendment to ITA 241(9)
- Enactment of S.C. 2019, c. 12 (Bill C-82, Multilateral Instrument in Respect of Tax Conventions Act, Royal Assent June 21, 2019)
- David Sherman’s Notes summarizing the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (MLI) — enacted in Canada by Bill C-82 (S.C. 2019, c. 12, Royal Assent June 21, 2019), effectively amending dozens of Canada’s tax treaties
- May 27, 2019 draft legislation and explanatory (technical) notes: Employee Life and Health Trusts
- March 19, 2019 Federal Budget Notice of Ways and Means Motion: extensive proposed amendments and Budget Supplementary Information excerpts
- New Department of Finance comfort letters, Remission Orders, government news releases indicating possible legislative amendments
ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone. See all available titles store.thomsonreuters.ca/ebook
Call to order
Call us at 1-800-387-5164 to ask about any combination of the following formats, or learn more about the Stikeman Income Tax Act Annotated at store.thomsonreuters.ca/sita.