British Columbia Annual Practice, 2021 Edition + Forms
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Relied on by a generation of lawyers and judges, British Columbia Annual Practice provides comprehensive, accurate, and highly credible expert insight on the Supreme Court Civil Rules.
All needed practice tools are contained in one volume that includes:
- The Supreme Court Civil Rules and Supreme Court Family Rules, fully annotated with thousands of authors' personally selected cases (both reported and unreported)
- Court of Appeal Rules, Supreme Court Act and Court of Appeal Act also fully annotated with thousands of authors' personally selected cases (both reported and unreported)
- Practice Directions/Directives and Notices to the Profession
- An in-depth procedural guide explaining the procedures associated with the Civil Rules
- Two way tables of concordance of the old and new Civil Rules and Family Rules
Forms and Small Claims Volume
The Forms and Small Claims Volume contains:
- Forms that relate to Supreme Court Civil Rules, Supreme Court Family Rules Court of Appeal Rules, and Notice to Mediate Regulations
- Small Claims Act, Small Claims Rules, and Practice Directions
- The full text of 24 key statutes
The ProView eBook version is available through your web browser, or can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
e-NOTES: Customers on standing order subscription are entitled to receive FREE regular email updates containing major legislative amendments and other pertinent information, upon request.
New in this edition:
Legislation has been updated to British Columbia Gazette Vol 63:7 (April 21, 2020)
B.C. Supreme Court Civil Rules B.C. Reg. 168/2009 is current to B.C. Reg. 125/2020
Small Claims Rules, B.C. Reg. 261/93 is current to B.C. Reg. 126/2020
Updated Notices, Practice Directions and Practice Directives, including COVID-19 Notices. However, notices will be current to publication date and subscribers are advised to look at courtswebsite for most up-to-date information.
Case Law and Annotations have been updated with new ones being added and older ones either been updated or removed:
- Supreme Court Act, s. 9 Jurisdiction and Sittings - Canada (Attorney General) v. British Columbia Investment Management Corp., 2019 SCC 63 - Discusses the essential nature of a claim in deciding whether to exercise its jurisdiction
- Civil Rule 9-5(1)(a) Striking Pleadings - Nevson Resources Ltd. v. Araya, 2020 SCC 5. Considers when a case discloses no reasonable cause of action when looking at whether or not a pleading should be struck.
- Civil Rule 7-1 - Procedures for Ascertaining Facts-Discovery and Inspection of Documents - British Columbia (Director of Forfeiture) v. Day, 2019 BCCA 160 Considers when a judge may exercise discretion to postpone document discovery.
- Civil Rule 22-7(7) Dismissal for Want of Prosecution - Wiegert v. Rogers, 2019 BCCA 334 - Discusses what is required for a case to be dismissed for want of prosecution.
- Civil Rule 21-8 Special Rules for Certain Proceedings-Jurisdictional Disputes - Nordman v. Frykman, 2019 BCCA 433 - Considers the difference between a court not having jurisdiction (territorial competence) and a court declining to exercise its jurisdiction (forum non conveniens).
- Practice Area:
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications