Canada Labour Code Quick Reference - 2020 Edition
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
The Canada Labour Code: Quick Reference provides a concise description of the employer rights and requirements under the Canada Labour Code, making it a must-have tool for all human resources professionals, labour relations specialists, and employment/labour lawyers working in or for federally regulated organizations.
With an experienced team of authors in Jamie Knight, Donald Jarvis, Geoff Ryans and Laura Freitag, the 2020 edition has been brought up to date. Where appropriate, key cases continue to be added to show how the Code has been interpreted in key areas.New in This Edition:
The updates and revisions in the 2020 edition of the Quick Reference feature the following:
- A review of Bill C-86, the Budget Implementation Act, 2018, No. 2, which received royal assent in December 2018. This omnibus legislation significantly amended the Code.
- Information regarding which parts of Bill C-86 have come into force as of the date of this publication and the provisions that may come into force in the near future.
- An overview Bill C-86s amendments to work scheduling, overtime, and expands existing leave provisions to include: family responsibility leave and leave for victims of family violence.
- A discussion of the elimination of service requirements to obtain certain leaves, including maternity leave and parental leave.
- A summary of the procedural changes enacted by Bill C-86 to unjust dismissal complaints. Specifically, Bill C-86 has created a mechanism under the Canada Industrial Relations Board for the summary dismissal of complaints where complaints are not within its jurisdiction and/or are frivolous and vexatious.
- Practice Area:
- Human Resources,Labor and Employment Law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications