Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act: Quick Reference - 2020 Edition
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Be Prepared. Be Protected. Understand PIPEDA with this quick reference.
Threats to privacy primarily occur due to new ways in which information is collected and used. Be prepared. Be protected. Understand this important privacy legislation. This Quick Reference explains employer requirements under the Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA applies to organizations that collect, use, or disclose personal information within a province or territory, unless that province or territory has passed a law similar to the provisions of this Act. The authors have described the overall requirements of PIPEDA, plus its real and potential impact.
New in this edition
- A newly-updated separate chapter dealing with data breaches, including the Equifax decision.
- Analysis of the Office of the Privacy Commissioners position on trans-border data flows, disclosure, and consent.
- Summary of recent cases regarding valid and meaningful consent for disclosure of personal information.
- Discussion of the Government of Canadas proposed Digital Charter.
- Est Cost: Annual volumes supplied on standing order subscription
- Practice Area:
- Labor & employment
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications