Canadian Human Rights Act: Quick Reference - 2020 Edition
Table of contents
Table of content not available at this time
Details and specs:
Designed to provide federal employers, employees, and bargaining agents with a complete yet concise overview of the Canadian Human Rights Act
The Canadian Human Rights Act is the central federal legislation that protects the right of individuals to freely participate without unlawful discrimination in all key aspects of society, including employment. The Canadian Human Rights Act: Quick Reference – 2020 Edition is intended to provide federal employers, employees, and bargaining agents with a complete, yet concise, overview of the Canadian Human Rights Act and its potential impact on those operating in federally regulated industries.
Any employer or service provider whose enterprise falls within this federal sphere is well advised to familiarize itself with the provisions of the Act. This Quick Reference will also be of interest to human resources professionals across Canada.
New in this edition
- Numerous updates, clarifications, and enhancements
- Trends and patterns in recent complaints received by the Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Updates on issues surrounding disability discrimination, including information from the Commission’s recent Report: Roadblocks on the career path: challenges faced by persons with disabilities in employment
- Further information on accommodating employees with substance abuse issues and what constitutes undue hardship
- Updates and guidance based on the Commission’s 2018 Annual Report, including findings from its audit focused on systemic issues in specific industries.
Est Cost:Annual volumes supplied on standing order subscription
- Practice Area:
- Labor and Employment Law
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications