Odutola on Canadian Trade-mark Practice (Print & ProView)
Table of contents
Index not available at this time
Release notes not available at this time
Details and specs
Odutola on Canadian Trade-mark Practice is one of its kind resource that provides an insightful inquiry into the Canadian legal landscape. This two-volume thorough book is the only text that analyzes and details the practice and procedure of the Canadian trademarks office and trademarks opposition board with respect to filing, examination, post advertisement, registration, and post-registration issues.
Volume I covers both the substantive and procedural aspects of prosecuting a trademark application, effecting changes of title, perfecting security interests, and amending and renewing a registration.
Volume II covers the fundamentals of trade-mark opposition practice, including the jurisdiction of the Trademarks Opposition Board as an administrative tribunal, evidentiary and pleading requirements, and the mechanics and strategies of trademark opposition and summary cancellation proceedings.
The text is supported by extensive references to case law, statutes, and annotated cross-references to the Trademarks Act, trademarks regulations, trademarks office, trademarks opposition board practice notices, and other source materials. The book helps in building better business strategies and work more effectively with Canadian counterparts on handling all aspects of trademark administration.
This resource includes
- A comprehensive step-by-step analysis of trade-mark prosecution and opposition practice
- An overview on drafting and preparing trademark applications/request for public notice of official marks
- Summaries of prosecution before the Canadian Trade-marks Office
- In-depth analysis and response to office actions
- Details on transferring and collaterizing trademarks
- Guidance on how to file and conduct trademark opposition proceedings
- Guidance on how to file and conduct summary cancellation proceedings
- Analysis of practice, procedural and substantive issues relating to the securitization and assignment of trade-mark applications or registrations
About Thomson Reuters ProView
ProView is the way to read Thomson Reuters eBooks and eLooseleafs, published primarily for legal, accounting, human resources, and tax professions. You can download the ProView app at no cost for your tablet or computer, or sign in to the cloud-based version. Synced to the cloud, ProView lets you switch devices while keeping place in your research. You can also access your downloaded eBooks offline, and any notes you take will be saved and synced the next time you connect.
- Practice Area:
- Intellectual property
- Publication Date:
- Hardcover Specifications
- Service #:
- Sub #:
- Shelf Space:
- Anticip Unkeep Cost:
- eBook Specifications